Monday, October 26, 2009

Stitches!!

We spent our morning in the ER today!!! Super Exciting! Just kidding. This morning Kayson woke up at 8:00 and by 8:10 had split open the chin! Ben was taking the car today so he was just leaving out the front door. We said our goodbyes and just before Ben shut the door Kayson came racing through the living room, tripped and flew right into our marble window sill. Of course, this is the result!! The poor guy was not even worried about his chin at all, he was just terrified of the hospital. We told him that we had to go to the hospital and that the doctor's would fix his chin really quick and then he's all done. He just kept screaming, "No, I'm so scared, I'm so scared. Please Daddy I don't want to go." He didn't even care about the cut. He did okay considering the circumstances. We all had to hold him down and Ben had to hold his jaw shut cause he was screaming and the doctor couldn't get the stitches in. I felt so bad for him that we took him to walmart afterwards and let him pick out a toy. He enjoyed that!! I was always nervous for the first time one of my kids had to be taken to the ER for stiches or a break, but the experience wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Here's some pictures!












He's happy just watching Scooby Doo now!




This last week we went with a couple of friends to a pumpkin patch and a corn maze. The kids got to go on a hay ride out to the corn maze and play around for awhile. They had a lot of fun!!








We went to a Halloween Carnival at the Med School last week and the boys had a blast! Kayson got his face painted and the played a bunch of games and got plenty of prizes and candy!


This is all of the kids that were there. Kays and Cade are in the bottom left corner.






Cade didn't care about anything as long as he had his sucker!!






11 comments:

cami said...

just found your blog and sorry about the stiches those are never any fun.. but look how big your kids are getting that is so awesome. Glad things are going good for the most part.

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Poor thing! I love the new picture at the top of your blog. You are so dang cute. I think Kayson looks like Ben and Cade looks like you. They are both adorable!

Tamsyn said...

oh my gosh!!! Super cute!! and poor Kayson! I wish I was closer, I could have helped with Cade while you hung out in the ER...

Matt and Stephanie said...

Poor Kayson! He is a trooper. It looks like the party was a lot of fun. Also wow Sarah your hair has gotten so long! I love it! Hope you guys are doing well.

Anonymous said...

looks like you are having fun in your new adventure. doesnt it just break your heart when you have to hold them down to fix them up. jace was like that with a sliver in his foot a few weeks back , took forever when it should have only taken a few minutes. im glad you have posted i love seeing what you are up to.

Whitney said...

This reminds me of Ashley when she was little. She had stitches in the same spot! I hope he gets better soon. It's perfect for Halloween though!

Staci said...

Holy cow thats crazy I know im still waitin for the day when we have to go to ER for that looks like the carnival was super fun too..we are def. thinkin Lincoln for school instead of Touro but will keep ya posted

Jake & Becca said...

Poor Kayson. I am so scared for that day, I guess it is inevitable though. The boys look so cute in their halloween costumes.

Anna said...

now he will have a scar just like me! your hair is getting so long - i'm jealous

Unknown said...

Ouch! poor Kays! :( that looks pretty painful. the boys look adorable in their Halloween costumes!! how cute!

Christian said...

I think the general reaction of those who have posted covers mine too: Poor Kayson! Thankfully Ben hadn't left yet, huh? Not fun. Isn't it funny how toys and movies fix everything? I still can't believe how huge Caders is! Hope you're loving it in TN! We'll be in Nashville for Thanksgiving, if you need an excuse to spend some time there... Ha!